Do you want to know a way to reuse styrofoam plates? If you have some extra ropes and placemats, you can make a cool placemat.
- 1 or 2 styrofoam plate(s).
- Thin colorful string.
- Wax paper
- Place the styrofoam plate on the table face up.
- Cover the plate with hot-glue.
- Quickly start twining the string in circles to cover the plate.
- Cover the plate with wax paper.
- Put books or weights on the paper to make the string stick to the plate.
- After the glue dries, you're finished! You can use the placemat for decoration, putting your cup on, or anything else.
If you want an extra challenge, try this:
7. Cut a ring of styrofoam that is larger than the original one.
8. Follow the instructions above to cover it with string.
9. Punch holes in the larger styrofoam ring and the smaller circle on even intervals and tie string between the smaller circle and the larger ring.